Believing is more than an intellectual acknowledgement that the Bible is true. Believing is also more than having confidence that the Scriptures are divinely inspired. To truly believe means to have faith that God is alive, is active, and is keenly interested in me today.
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Hebrews 11:6)
“Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.” (John 3:18)
We have already been declared guilty (John 3:19), because we are guilty. God’s love and patience cause Him to delay judgment (2 Peter 3:9), so we have the opportunity to let Christ pay our penalty for us. The Bible clearly says we are saved by faith in Christ, but also that we are saved only through faith in Christ. Those who don’t believe in Him cannot, and will not, find eternal life (John 3:36).
“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.” (John 3:36)
Hebrews 11:6, Romans 4:3, John 3:16-19, John 3:36
- Is faith the same as belief?
- Why must one believe in Jesus in order to be saved, given that there are other religions?
- What is the fate of one who believes in Christ but not fully obeying His instruction?
- What is the fate of those who have not come to the knowledge of Jesus?
- Is Jesus the only way to God? Yes / No if Yes give a brief explanation.